ABOUT THE U.S. CYBER CHALLENGE
The mission of U.S. Cyber Challenge (USCC) is to significantly reduce the shortage in today’s cyber workforce by serving as the premier program to identify, attract, recruit and place the next generation of cybersecurity professionals. USCC’s goal is to find 10,000 of America’s best and brightest to fill the ranks of cybersecurity professionals where their skills can be of the greatest value to the nation.
HOW DOES THE US CYBER CHALLENGE WORK?
Every year, the US Cyber Challenge conducts Cyber Quests – a free online competition where cybersecurity enthusiasts compete against thousands across the nation. Scores and rankings are publicized in real time over the course of several weeks during the competition. Top performers are then extended invites to official USCC Cyber Camps in partnership with several universities and colleges throughout the country.
The USCC Cyber Camps are week-long training opportunities where invitees are offered award-winning training from some of the industry’s top instructors on new concepts and approaches to security. During the camps, invitees also participate in panel discussions with industry leaders on topics from ethics to career path guidance.
Upon the conclusion of each camp, invitees are divided into teams where they compete against others within their region in a “Capture-the-Flag” competition where winners win scholarship and prizes. This year, winning regional teams will advance to the first ever – US Cyber Challenge National Championship – where the top regional teams will compete against each other to be crowned the 2020 US Cyber Challenge National Champion.
Prior to the Championship, advancing competitors will be invited to participate in networking activities with C-Suite executives within the Federal Government, US Military and the Private Sectors to learn more about the industry, their organizations and workforce opportunities at the highest levels.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING IN USCC CYBER CAMPS
1) Top Cyber Quest performers have an opportunity to meet other like-minded enthusiasts who also happen to be the best in the nation. Networking with some of the best in their field.
2) Invitees receive week-long award-wining training from some of the industry’s top instructors.
3) Invitees have an opportunity to interact directly with C-suite executives, industry leaders and employers to explore career development.
4) At the end of the Cyber Camps, invitees are divided into groups within their region to participate in one of the most competitive Capture-the-Flags in the country. Winning teams win scholarships, prizes and advance to the first-ever US Cyber Challenge National Championships.
5) Having the experience of being an invitee and attending one of the USCC Cyber Camps will be a major boost to your resume as industry leaders and employers look at the USCC brand as a workforce leader. To be invited to a USCC Cyber Camp, you have to be one of the best.
USCC BUILDING BLOCKS
Working with industry, government and academic institutions all over the country, USCC fosters partnerships and sponsorships that support students and professionals who wish to help protect our country's assets and digital infrastructure.